My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

How Ironically Evil...

When my blood sugar hits or hovers around 200, I get very hungry. Sometimes even confusing it for a low blood sugar!

I think it's mostly a "mental" hunger, if that makes any sense. I don't think I actually feel physical symptoms of hunger, but have urges to snack or eat something.

I think it's very evil to make my brain crave food when my blood sugar is high. It's pure punishment. I have to make a real effort not to eat anything during those times. It seems like all my brain thinks about is satisfying some craving. I know that if I've got some insulin on board, still working, that my BG will come down to normal, and the cravings will go away - but it's SOOO HARD sometimes!!!

Now, if it is mealtime, I can compensate with some extra insulin - but most of the time it is not mealtime that I'm fighting this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home