My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Why Does Food Suck?

I sometimes hate dealing with food.

If I didn't eat anything, ever, my blood sugars would be rock solid, and stable as ever all day. I'd then die of starvation of course!!

I think that most of my troubles with food comes from the fact that I'm not honest with myself regarding the serving sizes. The serving sizes on many food items are so incredibly unrealistic! For example, grape juice. The normal serving size is 1/4 cup. Now who on earth drinks 1/4 cup of grape juice?!?!?!! Another example is chips & crackers. Cool Ranch Doritos, the normal serving size is about 1 ounce, or 12 chips. 12 CHIPS?!?! For club crackers, I think the serving size is like 4 crackers.

I don't know - maybe I'm a big fatass that eats more than everyone else in the world, but those serving sizes are terrible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home