My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Test Strip Contest - Winners!!!

What a fun time I had with the test strip contest!

I'm glad that we were able to have some fun with my untidy testing habits!! And we also had a bit of fun with the general (lack of) quality of picture that my camera phone is capable of. 8D

So, you remember from the original post that we had two parts of the contest.

1) How many strips are there?
2) What meter are the strips from?

You will also, no doubt, remember this wonderful, high quality original picture. As mentioned in the original post, this is where all my used test strips land when I test at work. For no good reason, as the garbage is just inches further in the other direction. But as Wil mentioned, that's just too damn far away.

The winner of part 1 of the contest is Kerri of Six Until Me!! Kerri guessed 133 strips, which is, as she said, "Larry Bird plus 100". There were actually 139 strips in the pouch. Very good guess Kerri. You be sure to tell Larry "thank you" when you talk to him next.

The winner of part 2 of the contest is Caro of Diabetes Wise!! Caro guessed that the strips were from my Accu-Chek Compact meter. Very nice! Perhaps she remembered me posting about this meter back in February.

These two wonderful fellow d-bloggers will be receiving some type of real world prize - but I have to wait until I get my allowance from my wife after she's had her way with our tax refund. :-)

I had a lot of fun with this, and will do something similar again in the near future.

Congratulations to our winners, and thanks to everyone who participated!

9 Comments:

Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

congratulations, Caro and Kerri!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats to Caro and Kerri :)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool :)

Ok, ok I'll admit I did remember you mentioning it. BUT while I was sad enough to take a picture of my own strips with my camera phone, I wasn't quite sad enough to trawl through your archives to check!

Congrats to Kerri, whose win represents greater skill!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

:-)

Now to poke a little fun at Kerri - her win had absolutely nothing at all to do with skill.

It had everything to do with her obsession of Larry Bird.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Love your new photo and your new bold approach -- going where this blog's never been before.

Just wanted to say that.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

The phone rings.

Kerri: Hello?
Larry Bird: Ker. Hey, it's Larry.
K: Larry! Hey, glad you called, bro. Listen, I won a test strip guessing contest by using your number as a starting point!
LB: Nice. It's kind of like when I stole that inbound pass in the NBA finals when we played the Piston.
K: Yeah, it's a lot like that.
LB: Okay. Just wanted to call and see you were having a good time in California.
K: Awesome time. Listen, I'll ring you when I get back. We can plan that potluck thing at my mom's.
LB: Cool.
K: Later, Larry.
LB: Later, Ker.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Scottie, tell us what these lucky contestants have won... ;)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Thanks AmyT!

Too funny Kerri!

Johnboy -- I haven't actually figured out those important details yet. May be a couple weeks yet - waiting for my tax refund to shake loose and then I'll get something out to our winners.

I'll post an update when I get the prizes sent out - and maybe we'll do another contest soon after that.

6:22 PM  
Blogger George said...

Congrats Caro and Kerri! Good job!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home