My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Have You Ever Been...

...really full, but HAD to eat/drink something because your blood sugar is low?

What an uncomfortable feeling! Talk about looking for something that has the most "bang for the buck"!

As strange as it sounds, even glucose tablets feel like they are going to be the calorie that makes the stomach explode.

I imagine that this is what it's like to have gastroparesis, where the insulin is working faster than the food is being digested and affecting the blood sugar.

In my case tonight, I had been fighting some lows late in the afternoon, and must have been crashing during dinner or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home