My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's not yet 10am...

...and I've already consumed over 1800 calories.

Just thought you all would like to know. I'm feeling particularly bad about not being able to resist the temptation to eat so much this morning.

It is a day I play basketball over lunch, during which I usually burn at least 1500 calories, so it's not all bad - although maybe I use that to justify all that extra eating. At the end of the day I'll still end up Ok with my calorie balance, but I think it's more the feeling that I caved in to the temptation so easily.

Work hard, play hard, feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

Oh well, it could be worse. It could be 7 am and you could have had 2400 calories!

Deb and I went out to an Italin place tonight and I had a 200 carb meal followed by a 75 carb desert. That's like a week's worth of carbs for me. Yikes! It's amazing I had enough insulin in the pump to cover it.....

2:42 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Dang that is some basketball game! It would take me 5 hrs running on the treadmill to burn that much LOL.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

I know! It's crazy!

I wore my heart rate monitor a couple times to get a feel for it. I understand that the information is coming directly from the heart, so the calorie count is pretty accurate.

I really enjoy basketball. It's great fun and the time just flies by.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home