My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Re-Tagged

Caro 'cross the water over there at www.diabetes-wise.net has tagged me! I'm honored!

I was tagged before, many moons ago by Wil, but it was a bit different than this round - or ... maybe this is the same round of tag that has mutated a bit since it started... ?? Who knows. Boggling to think that this may indeed be the same tag that started so long ago. I think I'll call "no tagbacks" this time.

This time around we have a number of categories.

Four Jobs I've Had In My Life:
(not in any particular order...)
1) Master Console Operator (sounds important doesn't it?)
2) UNIX System Administrator
3) Owner/Operator of a Rose Shop
4) Loading Trucks at UPS (Takes a special breed to keep that up long. I lasted 33.5 shifts)

Four Movies I Can Watch Over & Over:
1) The Princess Bride (interesting how many of us picked that one!)
2) A Christmas Story (Ralphie & his Red Ryder BB Gun - 24 hour marathon on x-mas eve!)
3) The Usual Suspects
4) Shawshank Redemption

Four Places I Have Lived:
1) Minneapolis
2) Minneapolis
3) Minneapolis
4) ... uh, let me think here... Oh yeah! Minneapolis

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch:
1) Law & Order (SVU & Criminal Intent)
2) Mythbusters (on Discovery)
3) The First 48 (real life cop show on A&E)
4) Spongebob

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:
1) What is this thing "vacation" you speak of?
2) I've been to Duluth a couple times (northern Minnesota)
3) I went to California when I was a youngster
4) A bunch of work trips to places like Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; Boston, MA and Long Island, NY. They don't really count though, because I was working...

Four of My Favorite Foods:
1) Grilled Cheese Sandwich
2) Grilled Cheese Sandwich
3) Grilled Cheese Sandwich
4) G r i l l e d C h e e s e S a n d w i c h
And nothing "fancy" either. We're talking good old processed american cheese on bread. To crank it up a notch I might use sourdough. Lots of ketchup to dip it in.

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1) The O.C. (this in and of itself can be an endless journey across the world)
2) Pocket PC Thoughts
3) Engadget
4) The O.C. some more

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1) Hanging out with my wife & kids
2) Playing basketball
3) Sitting with my Dad in his screened in porch (well, not in wintertime, but you get the idea)
4) Sitting by the outdoor firepit with my father-in-law during the slight chill of late fall/early spring

I Tag:
mdmpls at "Diabetic Forever"
Jen at "17 going on 50"
and Penny at "my son has diabetes"
Please note - if you don't feel like participating, please don't feel obligated to do so - no pressure at all, and no one will hold it against you. I also want to note that it is completely possible that these fine folks have already been tagged - I can't even pretend to be able to keep track anymore.

And with that, I will hereby officially declare "No Tagbacks"!

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Scott, My husband's favorite movie is The Usual Suspects. I too am a Spongebob watcher.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Scott, I'm lovin' all of your movie choices. Shawshank was incredible (my favorite Tim Robbins flick).

And it's just not Christmas without Ralphie (and of course an overly bundled-up Randy; and, yes, the "major award").

Good stuff.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home