My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in April of 1980. I recognize the incredible mental struggle of living with diabetes. I hope to share my struggles, my successes, and everything in between.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Blinking Thogger Award...

...oh darn, I've goofed it up.

Ahem! The "THINKING BLOGGER AWARD"!



The always wonderful Allison has awarded me (and four other quite awesome bloggers) the "Thinking Blogger Award" (started by ilka yoldas)! Thank you very much!

Essentially, it’s an award-tagging meme, where you select five bloggers who make you think and bestow the Thinking Blogger Award. Then each of those five bloggers choose five more bloggers who make them think.

I would like to award the following five blogs with the Thinking Blogger Award:

1) George Simmons: This is one of my best friends from the OC. "G-Money" and I swear that we are brothers separated at birth or something. I would like to take a moment to recognize George for all that he has done in a short couple of years. I don't think he gives himself enough credit for all of his hard work. His blog is called "Born Again Diabetic", and that is so very true. George made some pretty drastic changes in his life, all to the good. That is some serious hard work, and I want to say "George - pat yourself on the back man, you have done such a good job with all of this. I cannot put into words how proud I am of you."

2) Penny: Penny has shared so much of herself with us through blogging about her learning to cope with her son, Riley, and his diabetes diagnosis. She has hit us with at least a few posts that really make you stop and think. On Riley's behalf, I really appreciate all that Penny does. And how great is it of her to share it all with us? Thank you Penny!

3) Bernard Farrell: Bernard, this dude is a magician with the image editing tools. What more needs to be said! Bernard has graced us all with some very funny pictures to help lift the mood. Thanks man!

4) MN Nice: Kathy is one of my most cherished friends in the OC. I feel like I could gain diabetes and life wisdom just by sharing space with her. Thank you Kathy, for all that you offer with your words of support and stories of what you experience. They are very, very helpful for a young pup like me.

5) Kevin: Kevin? Kevin P.? Soon to be daddy Kevin? Yep. Kevin is awesome, although he's got his hands full trying to finish ALL of his life projects before his twins show up. Kevin created the excel logbook that many of us use every day. His blog posts are also very entertaining. He's got these cool little sidebar "thingys" that you just have to experience to appreciate. Often times they make me laugh out loud. Other times they help me appreciate what Kevin is trying to say about something. I appreciate each and every one of his blog posts. Kevin helps make the OC what it is today. And I won't even get into the time he spent commenting and offering support/input on our blogs before launching his own. Thanks Kevin for all that you do.

What happens now?

This is a tagged-only meme. You must be tagged by someone in order to participate.

If any of the above bloggers choose to participate, they should:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make them link.
2. Email them to let them know they have been selected.
3. Link to my post so your readers can find the origin of your award.
4. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

Thanks again Allison!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I usually have to have a clear head when i read your blog. You were one of the first blogs i have ever read about diabetes back in October. You pioneered how i thought back then and how you guys have to think on a day to day basis.
Good Job Scott. And thanks.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Cool beans, Scott! Congratulations, it's well-deserved.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said...

Oh, you deserve this! Congrats! What would I do without you Sctt?!!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

You're welcome!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

Yippie! Well done!!

I love these awards everyone are presenting - allows me to find so many new excellent blogs out there! Thanks for sharing :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Diana Young, RD, LD, CDE said...

Congrats and thanks for more interesting blogs to read.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Thank you Scott

.......you made me cry.

8:12 PM  
Blogger George said...

I have not responded to this yet becuase I am not sure what to say except Thanks.

This was about the coolest thing ever man and I appreciate it so much.

I also have no clue who to nominate. Every blog I love has already been awarded. I will wait until another meme like this comes around.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home